Friday, July 2, 2010

First official blog post from Switzerland!

The reason why this blog post was so late in coming was because I wasn't able to get a successful internet connection till now! but I am safe, happy and sound here in Switzerland! I will try and catch you all up on the past few days here, including some of the traveling details :) at about 8:40pm in Monday morning we boarded a flight from Kona, Hawaii headed to LAX international Ariport....about 5 hours later we landed in LAX at about 5 o'clock in the morning.....(shortest night of my life)....when we landed in LAX I had the pleasure of seeing my family for about 15 min, before I had to get back through the security line to be able to make our 8 o'clock flight to JFK international airport....I was hoping that I would be able to sleep on the way to New York....but no such luck.....:(
we had about a 5 hour layover in New York where I was able to meet my best friends Grace's parents! It was fun to have parents at both airports we landed in on the way ;) After that we boarded yet another Red Eye to Zurich Switzerland!! I was lucky enough to get an empty seat next to me on the plane, and I was hoping it would help me sleep....but it didn't :( except the night from Kona to LAX was nothing compared to the night from New York to Switzerland!!! about 3 hours past and the sun was rising over the ocean! I couldnt believe it! we lost about 6 hours from New York to Switzerland so none of us got any sleep.....Once we got in Switzerland the first thing that I noticed was how clean it was.....and how quiet it was......it was almost erie to an extent! I couldnt believe that I was actually in an airport and not a library...After one of our team members nearly lost his passport........we made our way to the charter bus that would take us about an hour away to a small village outside of Zurich. After we pack our rediculous amounts of luggage into the trailer we headed off to our destination. What I love about Switzerland is how much history is stored into this small country....and how they are so up with the digital age! I fell in love with this country at first sight :) When we arrived at the church that we were staying at....we quickly unloaded our stuff and I immediately fell asleep once I hit the pillow at about 1 in the afternoon and slept till morning! I found that I woke up at 5 in the morning nautrally...and so did a few other girls...so we all decided to be shutter bugs and take our cameras downtown and explore :) Everything looks like it cam straight out of a storybook!! I am not joking when I saw that I should have been wearing ball gown...while dancing through the street in song! It was amazing! every street had its own unique smell....it wasnt just an odinary smell...you could smell the history of the whole town....hundreds and hundreds of years of history had lived on the cobble stone walk way that we were strolling on.....It was such an unexplainable serinity that swept the streets at that hour in the morning....to say it was peaceful would not do it justice....after our walk we went about a day of resting and trying to catch up on about 12 hours worth of a time difference....I ended up falling asleep fairly early again and woke up the next morning very refreshed and excited to start another day :) We went to a water park which was about a mile away from where we were staying! It was alot of fun :) I will write another blog tomorrow i promise ;0 but it is about 1 in the morning here and i am still a little jet lagged....but i love you guys and i will fill you in tomorrow on the rest of my first few days here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment